NECSI’s call for the uptick rule to be reinstated in the Wall Street Journal.
R. C. Pozen and Y. Bar-Yam, "There's a Better Way to Prevent 'Bear Raids,'" The Wall Street Journal, November 18, 2008.
- Congressman Frank’s meeting with SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro:
Market rise on March 10, 2009 due to short sellers departing the market (covering their positions):
- NECSI’s reports analyzing the uptick rule.
- Harmon and Y. Bar-Yam, Technical Report on the SEC Uptick Repeal Pilot, November 18, 2008.
- D. Harmon and Y. Bar-Yam, Technical Report on SEC Uptick Rule Proposals, April 2009.
- Y. Bar-Yam, D. Harmon, V. Misra, and J. Ornstein, Regulation of Short Selling: The Uptick Rule and Market Stability. Report presented at the Securities and Exchange Commission, February 22, 2010
- More information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uptick_rule
Cite as: S. Bar-Yam, Y. Bar-Yam, Stopping the Market Crash (January 31, 2010).